Nov 12, 2008

Urinal Bugs: Drown that fly!

At my last job, every time I took a leak I'd return my desk and my knees felt cold. It felt like my knees were right in front of an AC unit. A little chilly.
I finally made the conclusion that I was using the world's most poorly designed urinal and the splash back was going onto my knees. Not making them wet, but damp enough to feel like they were cooling off. And I thought "shouldn't there be a 'sweet spot' that would eliminate this hygene/cosmetic problem?" Surely enough I began to spot these:
Notice that little fly painted to the porcelin? Well it might as well be a bullseye because what I thought was a viral marketing ploy in men's bathroom for Jerry Sienfeld's "BEE MOVIE" was actually a target to avoid maximum piss splash-back! The world's greatest scientists researched where men should pee to minimize splashing and painted a little fly there for target practice - Genius!

Men are easy to please. Two guys could be stranded in the desert and immediately a game of "who can toss the rock closest to the cactus" begins. Other male-time-eaters include "throw the tennis ball at the wall" and "toss the paper into the trash can" or "shoot the rubber band into the envelope". Basically, all the male species needs is something to aim at. And what better way to pass time in my favorite passtime than to elimate upon a target, or "drown the annoying insect with hot fluid". Many probably assume its a trademark, but few realize that the distributers of urinals finally found a simple and fun solution to damp dress pants everywhere.

Next time you are at the urinal, step up to the plate and show that fly whose boss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers, That was a great post, I really liked visiting your site. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to visit weekly.